Friday, November 18, 2011

Countdown to Liquids

Ahh, the countdown has begun. 6 more days of foods and then the liquids begin. I'm getting a nervous feeling in my stomach just thinking about it. I mean I thought I would be eating and everything and there would be so many things I felt I needed to have but that is not the case at all. Honestly, there is a dessert I am going to make for Sunday to take to Sarah and Jimmy's, who I have not seen in a while, and am looking forward to catching up with. I would like to have ceviche from a place off Seminary Dr in Ft. Worth. I might go to Babe's for chicken fried steak and all the yummy fixings. Lastly, I will be having fried turkey with Dawn Humphrey and her family on Thanksgiving. Beyond those few things I am ready for the protein shakes...Bring 'em on!

I know I will get back to food again at some point but I actually think I am going to find a comfort of some sorts in the liquids and the fact that a few weeks out from surgery I can incorporate some soups. This is a change to my lifestyle that will not only be good for my weight but my body in general. It will give my system a good cleaning out and a fresh start.

For the past couple of months the thought of a liquid diet freaked me out. I didn't think I could survive it. I honestly think it was a front for what really scares me and that is the possibility of complications being a revision patient. I trust that despite the possibility of bumps in the road this is a journey I will enjoy in the long run.

I'm very inspired to see stories from others posted on Dr. Kim's FB page. Granted, I have no intention what so ever to gun run a marathon like some of them but just to be active and not have to think about am I too fat to do this or that, or how will I look doing it. I hope I can be an inspiration to others as well, which is why I need to give 100+% to succeeding. I think I am going to take advantage of my EAP program at work and get some counseling after the surgery. I just think it will be helpful to deal with a few issues that are weight related. I want to lose weight and some baggage that I have been carrying.

Ugh, I cannot wait for 2012 to get here so the surgery will be behind me. I sure hope these next several weeks fly by quickly. Back to work...

I <3 you guys for your support!!

1 comment:

  1. You'll succeed and are already inspring. The thought of a liquid diet scares me too. I'm a red meat, protein girl. Enjoy your desert and turkey! Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete