Monday, December 19, 2011

Better safe than sorry

Saturday night my largest incision opened and had a fluid dripping from it. Dr. Kim's PA, David, asked me to describe it when I called the emergency number Sunday morning. We decided it wasn't infected and I would go in today to get it checked out. We were right; it was not infected. Just a small part of the incision opened and it was bodily water leaking from it. He patched it up and I was on my way. Well not before taking an opportunity to jump on the scale and weigh in.

275.4 and that is .2 away from 21 pounds. I am so happy with that, especially since it has only been about 24 days.

I had a lot of errands to run that had me in and out today so I wasn't around to make protein shakes or soups. I stopped at Rosa's and bought a 4 oz side of pintos and cheese. It took me an hour to eat just half of that. I just ate the other half for dinner. How crazy is that? 4 oz of food and I am completely satisfied. The positive is there is good protein in it. I really should not have eaten that at this stage but it was better than not eating all day. Truth be told for the past week I have been eating two bites of tuna a day as well just because it seems to crazy to think I am getting by on liquids alone. I will try to make half of a protein shake in a bit but truthfully I think I will be forcing it down later.

I am very happy tonight. :)

I should mention for those who read this that have not reached this stage yet that when my incision opened I googled it and it is a very common occurrence. Most people had an infection though and had to take antibiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment