Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A New Year; A Healthier Q

Ugh, 2012, definitely went out with a bang! I truly hope the hospital stays, surgeries, etc. are a thing of my past for the time being. I do not think I could deal with it this year but that's ok because it is not going to be an issue.

I don't want to scare anyone who is reading this that will have surgery coming up. This past hospital stay was more Dr. Kim exercising over caution as opposed to blowing off the possibility of a potential problem. Turns out that most likely the largest incision still had not completely healed even 3 weeks out and my opting to bathe and submerge the incision in water is what brought about the fevers. Maybe it was trying to become infected and the fevers were my bodies best effort to fight it. At then end of the day with a lot of tests, etc. my new stomach was fine.

I have no idea what I weigh in at tonight but I'm guessing when I go to the Dr. on Friday I imagine I will weigh in right at or a little over 30 pounds down from my initial weight the day I began this journey a little over a month ago.

Despite the experiences of the past, I remain very positive and optimistic that I am going to win the battle of the bulge. My ultimate goal is to lose a total of 100 pounds. My initial weight was 296.2. Now that I am feeling a little more normal, it is time to turn on the Wii and get with the Zumba Fitness game.

Until the next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment